Malaysian Maritime Academy Sdn. Bhd. (ALAM) is the premier training centre for the development of seafaring professionals. For over 30 years, ALAM has trained more than 10,000 seafares, through a structured training and education system unique to the Academy. Working in collaboration with companies and institutions in the maritime industry locally and regionally, ALAM prepares students to face the demanding career challenges of the maritime profession.
• A balance of professional regimentation with a challenging college environment, ALAM’s system is a structured blend of classroom instructions, practical training and professional development skills.
Major Developments from April 2011 – December 2011
- Consistently placed among the top 10% of the world’s MET institutions rated by Det Norske Veritas (DNV).
- The choice MET institution in this region with student diversity which includes foreign students from Philippines, India, China, Yemen, Bangladesh, Iran, Pakistan, Nigeria, Germany, Indonesia, Myanmar, Brunei and Ukraine.
- Enrolment of 371 cadets for its diploma programmes where 207 students enrolled for the Diploma in Nautical Studies and another 164 signed up for the Diploma in Marine Engineering. Around 30% of its current cadet population comes from abroad and approximately 10% are female cadets.
- Entered into a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Jefri Bolkiah College of Engineering (JBC), Brunei, to foster new collaboration between the two learning institutions.
- Signed a Memorandum of Cooperation (MoC) with Federal Land Development Authority (FELDA) to promote collaboration of common interests towards youth development in maritime education.